Mushroom Manchurian is one of the best chinese dish. Mushrooms are rich in essential trace minerals and protein. Mushroom are one of the major sources of Vitamin D making it essential to include in our diets.
Like any other dry Manchurian recipe, crispy fried mushrooms are coated with condensed, sweet, sour, spicy Indo-Chinese sauce.
Since this mushroom is Manchurian dry recipes, it is usually served as a starter or snack. But I have seen a friend who likes to like it with noodles or rice. So this is a personal preference.
Mushrooms are my favorites and so it is Manchurian. If you are a mushroom lover like me, then I’m sure you will like it.
I have already mentioned in the Gobi Manchurian Dry Recipes that in order to maintain their crispy texture, you need to be chilled for some time (about 2 minutes) for the sauce.
Then mix fried mushrooms or Gobi. So it remains crispy for some time. But eventually it will sadden. Therefore it should be served immediately.
For Frying Mushrooms:
|175 grams or or 1 ½ to 2 cups Mushrooms ,cut into half or quarter depending on the size|
|2 tablespoons All purpose flour (Maida)|
|2 tablespoons Corn flour (corn starch)|
|Salt to taste
|Black pepper powder to taste|
|½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed|
|½ teaspoon Garlic paste or freshly grated|
|⅓ cup Water|
|Oil for deep frying|
For Mushroom Manchurian Recipe:
|2 tablespoons Oil
|2 teaspoons Ginger , finely chopped
|2 teaspoons Garlic , finely chopped
|1 Green chili , finely chopped
|½ cup Onion , finely chopped|
|¼ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) , finely chopped
|Salt , to taste
|¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
|¼ teaspoon Red chili flakes|
|2 tablespoons Soy sauce
|1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
|1 ½ teaspoon Chilli sauce|
|1 teaspoon White distilled vinegar|
|2 tablespoons Spring onion (green onion or scallion) , green part finely chopped|
How to make Mushroom Manchurian Recipe
(Step by Step Photos):
1) To make the batter, take all the purpose dough, corn flour, salt, black pepper, ginger paste and garlic paste in a bowl.
2) Add water and grease, add one lump of soil.
3) Now heat the oil on deep frying for deep frying. After the oil is hot, take a piece of mushroom and dip it, put them in hot oil one by one.
4) Fry them until they become golden brown and crisp from all sides. Keep moving between them for browning in between.
At the time of frying, as soon as mushrooms are cooked, they leave their water. Therefore, when you fry in oil, you get more bubbling sound. It is common.
5) Once the crispy and fried, using sliced spatula, remove them.
6) Place them on paper towel line plate and repeat the same frying for the rest.
7) To make thick chutney, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan on medium flame. Once you add hot chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies.
8) Hundreds for 20-30 seconds. Make sure the ginger does not burn garlic.
9) Now add chopped onion and capsicum.
10) Mix and cook till they are not soft and the onions are not transparent or light pink in color.
12) Put soya sauce.
13) Then add ketchup.14) Also add red chili sauce.
16) Mix well and let the mixture boil.
17) Close the stove and let it cool for 2 minutes. Then add fried mushrooms and spring onion greens.
We are cooling the sauce before adding the mushroom, so they remain crispy for some time.
18) Mix everything well so that the sauce is evenly coated.
Remove it to a serving plate and garnish with more spring onion greens.
Serving suggestion: Serve mushroom Manchurian dry as a starter or snack. You can serve on side with Hakka noodles or schezwan noodles.
Clean and cut the mushrooms in half or quarter depending on the size of mushrooms.
Take all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, pepper, ginger paste and garlic paste in a bowl. And make smooth batter by adding water.
Now heat the oil for deep frying on medium heat.
Once oil is hot, dip the mushroom in the batter one by one and add into the hot oil. Do fry them in batches.
Fry till they are crispy and golden brown from all the sides.
Remove and keep on paper towel lined plate.
Making Mushroom Manchurian Dry Recipe:
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot saute ginger, garlic and green chili for few seconds without burning them.
Then mix in onion and capsicum, cook till they are soft.
Now mix in salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
Now add soy sauce, ketchup, red chili sauce and vinegar. Stir to combine and let it come to a boil.
Then turn off the stove and cool for 2 minutes only. Then add fried mushrooms, spring onion greens and mix.
It is ready to serve.