Anjeer Burfi is an excellent sweet as it is healthy, sugar-free, and easy to make, you can add dates in it but that’s optional you can add or skip as per your wish. It is made with figs and dates which is very easy that needs no consistency checks so even beginners can try.
This burfi can be made in minutes just the setting time is more, it is very healthy and nutritious with the natural sweetness from figs and dates. You can even make this as a snack for kids. Burfi Recipe is very easy to make with no consistency checks and also requires less ghee, unlike other sweets.
The sweets are loaded with ghee and sugar so health-conscious people want to have something light and sugar-free, so Anjeer burfi is the best Sweet/Dessert for them.
you can choose any dry fruit like almonds, pistachio, walnuts, cashew, and the ratio again depends on the availability and your personal preference.
This recipe does not have any extra added sugar and the sweetness is from dates and Anjeer itself. This is the best recipe for any occasion or celebration and can be shared with family and friends.
Dry fruits are chopped or crushed into medium size pieces but don’t crush them into small tiny pieces. The figs and dates are chopped into small pieces and then grind it in a pot. You can also soak them in milk for 2 hours so they will swell up a little and get mashed up well.
Anjeer has numerous health benefits, it is very rich in dietary fiber hence good to cure constipation and piles problem. An ideal snack for weight loss. Figs are rich in antioxidants so good for people having hypertension, heart diseases, and diabetes so they get benefits by including figs in their diet. Fig and Dates also have a good amount of Iron so help to cure anemia.
Anjeer Burfi– This is a very healthy, tasty, and easy to make a sweet dish. It is packed with the goodness of dried figs, almonds, and other nuts.
It is good for all age groups. You can even give it as baby food to the infants. Nuts can be roasted and chopped and added if you want the burfi to be crunchy, however, some kids or older people cannot chew the nuts due to the teething problem, or some simply do not want the whole nuts. They can enjoy the burfi by adding the ground nuts while making burfi.
The amount and types of nuts can be used as per your choice. You can use almonds/walnuts/cashew nuts/pistachios entirely or in combination. You can also use raisins, dates, or desiccated coconut. The use of sugar is optional. You can make it sugar-free.
Anjeer has a lot of nutritional benefits – It improves digestion, is good for reducing weight, helps to maintain hypertension, is rich in antioxidants, prevents cancer, prevents heart diseases, helps to strengthen bones, is rich in iron and helps to cure anemia, helps to strengthen the uterine muscles and good for pregnant ladies!
Consume 1-2 pieces of this burfi as a healthy snack every day. Whenever you crave to eat something sweet, have it guilt-free as it has no sugar and very little ghee in it. This will satisfy your sweet craving and will benefit your health!!
Furthermore some easy and important tips and suggestions for a perfect and flavored dry fruit burfi recipe. Firstly, the recipe can be extended or experimented with the choice of dry fruits and nuts. You can extend this recipe by adding fig, apricot, pumpkin seeds, and even watermelon seeds. Secondly, I have not added any extra sugar as the dates and raisins have a sufficient amount of sweetness for this burfi, but you can add extra sugar or even jaggery to make it sweeter to match your taste preference. Lastly, the recipe can be stored easily for a month in an airtight container for longer shelf life.
|1cup chopped figs / anjeer|
|1 cup chopped dates|
|1 cup ghee|
|1 cup chopped almonds|
|1 cup chopped cashew nuts|
Steps to make Anjeer Burfi
1. Firstly chop all the figs.
2. Then chop all the dates.
3. Grind figs and dates together.
4. Take a pan and add 2 tablespoons of ghee in it.
5. Roast all the nuts till it becomes crunchy.
6. Again take a pan and add ghee in it and roast dates and figs mixture for 5-6 minutes or cook till everything turns mushy, sticky, and thick.
7. Then add chopped nuts in a pan and cook for a while.
8. Stir continuously.
9. Take it on a plate and combine all the mixture with your palm.
10. Roll the mixture in a cylinder shape.
11. Then cover with the silver foil.
12. Set in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
13. Then take out from fridge and cut it in the small piece or as per your choice.
14. Roll the burfi in a poppy seed for better taste. Anjeer burfi is ready to serve.
2. Grind figs and dates together.
3. Take a pan and add 2 tablespoons of ghee in it.
4. Roast all the nuts till it becomes crunchy.
5. Again take a pan and add ghee in it and roast dates and figs mixture for 5-6 minutes or cook till everything turns mushy, sticky, and thick.
6. Then add chopped nuts in a pan and cook for a while.
7. Take it on a plate and combine all the mixture with your palm.
8. Roll the mixture in a cylinder shape.
9. Then cover with the silver foil.
10. Set in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
11. Then take out from the fridge and cut it in the small slice.
12. Roll the burfi in a poppy seed for better taste.
13. Anjeer burfi is ready to serve.
|Firstly, add dry fruits of your choice, and adjust proportion accordingly.|
|Additionally, increase the proportion of dates if you like it sweeter.|
|By roasting all the dry fruits on low flame it gives more crunchy bites.|
|Also, do not powder the dry fruits as you won’t enjoy the crunchy bites.|
|You can also be rolled in desiccated coconut as well.|
|The measures are just given roughly, it can be modified according to your preference. There are no perfect measures for this recipe, so feel free to plus or minus the quantity.|
|I added chopped nuts just for the crunch and extra good taste.|
|You can even add 1/4 sweetened khoya for extra richness.|
|Adding poppy seeds is optional but I recommend adding it for nice crunchiness.|
|You can store it for at least 1 month weeks.|